Formation of the company, to produce wooden wagon wheels, the company was called by jargon “Wagnerei”. Founded and managed by Hermann Josef Pfeiffer.
Precision in all areas.
In 1950, Hans Pfeiffer showed the courage to make uncomfortable decisions and to throw loved ones overboard when he converted the wainwright business into a company for turning parts. His decision proved him right: in the decades that followed, with the support of family and employees, the competence of turning parts were expanded to include milling, grinding, broaching, gearing, roll thread and polishing parts. Everyone pulls together — the family-run business Pfeiffer is now in its fourth generation, based in the heart of the Black Forest.
Transformation of production competence by Hans Pfeiffer. The material wood was increasingly replaced by metal materials. The clock/ watch industry based in the Black Forest and their precision manufacturers, were trendsetting for the new company orientation Pfeiffer.
In the years following 1975, the competencies were expanded to include the technologies of milling, roll thread, grinding, gear cutting, broaching, honing, polishing and other finishing and surface processes. These technologies are constantly being further developed and equipped with state-of-the-art machine technologies.
"It takes courage to break new ground. We prove again and again that this courage pays off."
Johannes Pfeiffer, Manager of Swiss-Type Turning Department